Thank you for attending Chromecamp 2018! It was amazing having you and we would appreciate your feedback so we can make our next event even better! We hope you brought the energy and passion into your classroom this week!
Please fill out this form to help us learn from Saturday!
Chromecamp 2018 Organizers
Use our interactive Extension Bulletin Board!
Saturday is almost here! It is going to be #Chrometastic2018
A few reminders:
- Bring a device that you are comfortable using. Our wifi is ready to handle everyone!
- Breakfast and coffee are provided thanks to Dell.
- Use our Flipgrid and Twitter Check-in BEFORE Saturday.
- Our prizes will be dispersed during the event, only a few BIG ones will be announced at the end. This means you should be on your way to lunch by 12:15 pm!
- A suggestion for LUNCH is to visit Carolina Blue. Dining there will allow a 20% donation back to our event to help offset some of our planning costs and future events. We will also be using any proceeds to help promote and participate in future learning experiences for teachers & students in South Jersey.
We will build the schedule in the traditional Edcamp style! Remember, these are CONVERSATIONS, not PRESENTATIONS. If you have an innovative practice or program you would like to talk about, propose a session. If you want to know more about a particular topic, propose a session. It’s as relaxed a professional learning environment as you’ll find anywhere!
Here is our agenda for the day:
- 8:00 am Doors Open (our first 30 welcoming bags have special prizes)
- 8:00-9:15 am Breakfast and create the Session Board
- 9:15 am Opening Remarks
- 9:30 am Session 1
- 10:20 am Session 2
- 11:10 am Session 3
- 12:00 pm Wrap up / Grand Prizes
We just released 10 more tickets for those wanting to attend! We have added a dedicated room where students will participate in sessions as they reflect and discuss their experiences in a Google Reference District and Future Ready School of NJ. As a reminder, every attendee is going to walk away with something special! Dunkin Donuts will be serving coffee samples all morning long and we have a few special (big prizes) en route! You may need room in your car for a few of these prizes!
Additionally, we really would like to see our Twitter Check-In and Fligrid increase in activity. Specific prizes will be drawn from both lists of participants if that entices you a bit more 🙂
Twitter Check-In Form. We can have hundreds of handles in one easy document to start following and learning from educators before the big day! If you registered, you need to check-in now!
Our Flipgrid url is https://flipgrid.com/chromecamp2018 The first topic is to introduce yourselves before January 27th. It also can begin a dialogue on the topics you may be interested in. We cannot wait for #Chrometastic2018 !
The Chromecamp 2018 Organizers want to make the experience exciting and unique. Our session notes will not include a sign in table to leave your information. Instead, you can do it once using our Twitter Check-In Form. We can have hundreds of handles in one easy document to start following and learning from educators before the big day! If you registered, you need to check-in now!
Additionally, we have added a Flipgrid dedicated to Chromecamp 2018. The exact url is https://flipgrid.com/chromecamp2018 The first topic is to introduce ourselves before January 27th. It also can begin dialogue on the topics you may be interested in. We cannot wait for #Chrometastic2018 !
In one week, our event has grown in registrations, sponsors, and organizers. We are excited to build a very special event and we need your help to assure that happens. We have a few ideas that will make our event something special. Learn about them below.
- We want to influence the future of education and how educators professionally learn. So, the undergraduate Education programs of Rowan University, Rutgers-Camden University, Stockton University, and Rider University are being invited to collaborate with all of us!
- The First 25 participants to walk through the door are awarded a Google Swag Bag. The host, Harrison Twp School District, is a Google Reference District and is donating these prizes to Chromecamp 2018.
- Session board notes are just for notes. You do not need to sign in or say who you are. Instead, use our Twitter Check-in Form. This will allow you to start collaborating with educators you may not know before the event even starts!
- The 1st, 50th, 100th, and 200th registrant who is in attendance gets something special!
- The school district who has the most participants in attendance will win a prize to take back to their schools to revolutionize meetings and promote collaboration.
- We reflect at 12pm to share what you will try Monday. There will be no waiting around to see if you win a prize. Your time is valuable and we want individuals to stay the whole day because they love learning and collaborating. As organizers, we have been to ton of events and we took note of the 30-45 minutes hanging around to announce names of people who left or did not show up to win prizes. You love it if you win, but most people are just sitting around if they don’t. Instead, our Prize Patrol will make everyone happy during the sessions!
- We are go in the snow! With a January 27th date, we realize the potential for wintry weather. That being said, we will only postpone our event if there is a “blizzard”. We obviously want everyone to be safe, so a blizzard date will be created and posted in the next few weeks.
- We have a chrometastic hashtag! Specifically, we are #Chrometastic2018
- More special details to follow in future posts…
Chromecamp will be held on Saturday, January 27th at Pleasant Valley School in Mullica Hill, NJ. Click here for Google Maps Driving Directions.
REGISTRATION: Get Your Tickets Here
We will build the schedule on the day of the event in traditional Edcamp style! Remember, these are CONVERSATIONS, not PRESENTATIONS. If you have an innovative practice or program you would like to talk about, propose a session. If you want to know more about a particular topic, propose a session. It’s as relaxed a professional learning environment as you’ll find anywhere!
Here is our agenda for the day:
- 8:00am Doors Open (#Door Prizes….)
- 8:00-9:15am Breakfast and Create Session Board
- 9:15am Opening Remarks
- 9:30am Session 1
- 10:20am Session 2
- 11:10am Session 3
- 12:00pm Wrap up / Reflection Activity
Hello! If you can read this, it means we have not yet finalized a date for Chromecamp 2017. Please check back soon! Thank you!
Thanks for coming to Chromecamp! We are going to have an amazing day learning together.
Just remember – today is all about you. That means YOU decide what you’re going to learn, YOU get to share what’s you’re doing with Google tools (if you want), YOU make connections with other passionate educators, YOU get inspired!
Here are some links you’ll need today.
<< “3-2-1” REFLECTION >>
DO THIS AT THE END OF THE DAY!
That’s it! Go forth, learn, share & enjoy!